Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Le Tournesol


"In the Woods" by Linda Hampton Smith.  Acrylic and Gouache on Paper

Although the trees limbs are still bare and there's a chill in the air, the soil has finally softened.   I've been happily working away dans le jardin - edging my garden beds with stones I collect from the woods.  The effect pleases me.  This will be a special summer.   We recently cut down many trees due to having become, over the years, overgrown by moss.  I anticipate for the very first time in this home setting:  La lumière du soleil.  And a ton of sunshine-friendly flowers to follow!


"L'amour de la Fleur" by Linda Hampton Smith.  Watercolor on Paper


Which brings to mind: Le Tournesol.  I've never,  jamais, ever been able to grow sunflowers because of the shade.  Now here's my chance!  I've been studying seed packets in the stores.  La variété est grande.


Sonja Sunflower - Seed Packet


Sunflower Moulin Rouge 50 Seeds per Packet


Sunflower Giant Sungold 50 Seeds per Packet

I'm envisioning Provence in my own backyard!


No comments:

Post a Comment