Sunday, March 7, 2010

Je t'adore




 
This little sketch really gets to the heart of me. I've always loved deer and the romance of the deep woods.  As a child, I pored over the magnificent  illustrations of Adrienne Ségur.  She often depicted magical forests.  

I now live in one.   It is a true gift when deer quietly step into our yard.   They are so lovely.

I have a friend who is of Ojibwa descent.  She recently told me that if you find yourself particularly attracted to a certain animal, then that is your totem animal.  C'est ça.  I knew it.
                                              
                                                            

"Penser, c'est chercher des clairières dans la forêt.     
-Jules Renard






Deer (Resting in Forest) Art Poster Print - 11x17


                                                              
                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment